Last Updated on
After the holidays, waking up craving a cookie is not what I expected! Since neither of us is ever happy with ordinary, we set out to make the perfect cookie. I think these Dark Chocolate Pecan Sea Salt Caramel Chip Cookies filled the ticket!
I wanted a cookie that was soft and tender, not too sweet, and ultra chocolatey. Caylie and I dug around in the pantry a found a bag of sea salt caramel chips. Perfect! Now, we just had to create a recipe. We decided to use cake flour because we wanted the cookie to be tender, almost cake-like. We discussed the pros and cons of different types of chocolates and finally settled on Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa. (It’s a blend of natural process and dutch process cocoas.) The pecans were a last minute addition because let’s face it, all cookies are better with nuts!
As we mixed the cookies, the smell was like heaven. It smelled just like the chocolate cookie part of an oreo! So you should probably look out for a post on homemade oreos in the not-too-distant future.
I know everybody focuses on healthier eating after all the holiday overindulgence, but these Dark Chocolate Pecan Sea Salt Caramel Chip Cookies are so worth the splurge. They’re a perfect couple of bites! Just remember, nobody said you had to sit down and eat the whole batch at once! But you’re definitely going to want to!Print
Dark Chocolate Pecan Sea Salt Caramel Chip Cookies
Chocolately and not too sweet with a bit of crunch from the pecans and a hint of saltiness from the sea salt caramel chips, these cookies are as close to perfection as it gets. They are wonderful with a glass of milk or a cup of fresh-brewed coffee!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 38 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
1–3/4 cups cake flour
1 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups pecans, chopped
10 ounces sea salt caramel chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place parchment on baking sheet and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In mixer bowl, beat butter and sugars just until combined.
- Stir in flour mixture a little at a time, keeping mixer on low.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in sea salt caramel chips and pecans.
- Use a cookie scoop to measure and drop onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Flatten each cookie slightly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Depending on how your oven cooks, you may need to rotate the cookie sheet halfway through (5 minutes).
- Remove cookies from pan and place on cooling rack.
This is a very stiff dough!
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 6.8g
- Sodium: 141mg
- Fat: 15.4g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
Keywords: chocolate cookies, dark chocolate cookies