Last Updated on
These may seriously be the easiest pretzels on the planet! We just used the leftover dough from our Simple and Easy Pizza Dough recipe. But if you don’t have leftovers, or you just want to make the pretzels, I’ll post the recipe below to make it easy to access.
There’s nothing better, in my opinion, than a big, soft, chewy pretzel. Golden brown. Not too much salt. Perfect for sharing or dunking into a bowl of our Cheddar Cheese Soup.
Do I have to boil the pretzels?
Yes. You do. But don’t worry. You don’t have to use lye (or any other caustic substance). We just added some baking soda to our boiling water, popped the pretzels in for a few seconds, and that was it!
Can I freeze these pretzels?
Theoretically, yes. I would say that after thawing, you will need to re-crisp them in the oven. To be honest, we’ve never had any last long enough to need to freeze them!
If you like this recipe, let us know in the comment section below. Tag us on Instagram @msdeltahospitality or on Facebook at Mississippi Delta Hospitality.Print
Pizza Dough Pretzels
Easy and absolutely delicious! These pretzels are just has fun to eat as they are to make!
- Prep Time: 25-30 minutes+1 hour proofing
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 pretzels 1x
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 Tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1–1/4 cups water
For the Pretzels:
3 quarts water
2/3 cup baking soda
1 egg white
1 Tablespoon water
- Combine flour, yeast, and salt in bowl of stand mixer fitted with dough hook.
- Add olive oil and water.
- Mix with dough hook on medium speed until smooth, about 4-5 minutes.
- Place in lidded plastic container that has been sprayed with cooking spray and snap on lid.
- Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Beat egg white and water together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Divide dough into 3 oz. portions.
- Roll each portion into a rope about 24″ long. (It doesn’t have to be exact.)
- After you roll out the rope, lift the ends and bring toward the center, twist together twice, and bring to bottom to form a pretzel shape.
- Lightly press the dough down to seal it.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- While dough is resting, bring 3 quarts water to a boil.
- Stir in baking soda.
- Working with one or two pretzels at a time, slide pretzel into boiling water.
- Wait 10-15 seconds, then flip pretzel over.
- After another 10-15 seconds, scoop pretzel out and place on sheet pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Brush each pretzel with egg wash and sprinkle with pretzel salt.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serving Size: 1 pretzel
- Calories: 145
- Sugar: .1g
- Sodium: 292mg
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated Fat: .2g
- Carbohydrates: 28.1g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: pizza dough pretzels, easy pretzels
Shop This Recipe:
If you feel inclined to share our recipe, please share the link and not the full recipe. If you would like to share the full recipe and photos, please ask us before doing so.