Last Updated on
Whew! Yesterday was a crazy day. If you’re subscribed to our email list then you know that my mom and I have been prepping for the E-book. It’s been a nonstop hustle for weeks! With all these spices, ingredients, and ideas floating around in our kitchen; we literally forgot that today is a posting day! So, I told mom that I’d handle it. Into the fridge I looked (bad decision, really… it’s a disaster!!). We had staples, obviously. Eggs, butter, milk…Aha! I can make pancakes. Easy, simple, fast pancakes. Only problem? How to make them more fall. Back into the fridge I go. Hm… Modeling chocolate? No. Butternut squash? Eh… Maybe but I’m not really feeling it. There’s gotta be something! I dug further and found a glorious Tupperware filled with pumpkin. That’s it! I will make pumpkin pancakes.
Then, it hit me. My second dilemma. My family doesn’t like pumpkin!! We had some left over from all of our experimenting for the E-book, but I am the only pumpkin eater (heh) in the house! So, I started thinking. How can I make non-pumpkin eaters eat pumpkin? Why, pumpkin pie spice! That’s all I need. From there, I started concocting. Let me tell you, getting this recipe just right wasn’t easy! I’ve never dealt with pumpkin before in my life. I didn’t even know I liked pumpkin until the other night. It took four or five tries and many taste tests to finally get this to the delicious, fluffy pancake I knew I was capable of making. The kitchen is a disaster (sorry mom)! But through my trials with this, I finally landed on a recipe that I’m proud of.
These pancakes are just the right amount of spicy, sweet, pumpkin-y numminess (that’s definitely a word). Pumpkin and non-pumpkin eaters alike will enjoy these pancakes, I promise. Add some maple syrup or spiced whip cream (or both, whatever suits you), and these pancakes are a total dream. Not to mention these are delicious with a nice cup of coffee (hello coffee break!). These pancakes will become the new fall obsession. They certainly are mine!Print
Fluffy, spicy, and sweet, These pancakes are a delicious fall treat that is perfect for pumpkin and non-pumpkin eaters alike.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tbsp of sugar
1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
2 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat griddle to 325 (if using a pan, place it over medium heat when you get the batter made).
- Sift flour in a medium to large bowl then add the rest of your dry ingredients. Whisk together.
- Melt your butter then add to flour mixture along with the rest for the wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Spray griddle or pan with non stick cooking spray (we use pam)
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of batter onto griddle or frying pan. When the pancakes are ready to flip, they will begin looking a little dry around the edges. This takes 3 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown and completely cooked through, 2 to 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with maple syrup or a spiced whip cream.
Pumpkin spice strength varies. Feel free to add as little or as much as you see fit.