Last Updated on
This Watermelon and Cucumber Slushie is inspired by the one I had while I was at Walt Disney World in Epcot! This slush is sweet, refreshing, and super easy to make! I fell in love with it and I knew as soon as I came back home, I had try to recreate it!
I’m sure many of you know this but this time of year there is always a festival called The Flower and Garden Festival. The dates change but it’s always a great way to kick off the summer. There’s always lots of pretty flowers and new foods to try!
I’ve been going to this festival since I was born! My mom hasn’t missed a festival in 20 years!
We were afraid we were gonna miss the festival this year but we actually made at the perfect time! All the flowers were blooming and almost everything we ate was absolutely perfect.
There were memories made to last a life time!
What is a watermelon and cucumber slushie?
To be honest, I didn’t know either! I’m not a huge fan of cucumbers. I try to steer clear but I am a huge fan of watermelon. There was a 50/50 chance I would like this slushie and turns out, I loved it!
All I could taste was watermelon, a tiny bit of cucumber, and a splash of lime. So, that’s what I came home and made. This recipe is almost exactly what I had in the park. It’s light, refreshing, and not too sweet!
How to make a watermelon and cucumber slushie
The best part of this slushie is it’s simplicity. All you need is a watermelon, some cucumber, a little bit of lime, and our Simple Syrup!
Once you gather all your ingredients, dump them all into a blender and blend until smooth.
Next, grab a bowl or a measuring cup and pour through a fine meshed sieve to insure there is no pulp in the drinks.
Now, pour the drink into ice cube trays and freeze for roughly 2-4 hours or until solid. Then dump the watermelon cucumber ice cubes into the blender and blend until it becomes a slush. Roughly around 2 minutes. Serve in a glass and enjoy!
- When buying a watermelon, judge it by it’s weight. If it’s very heavy and has a hollow sound when tapped, that’s generally the best one to go with!
- Also, try to buy a watermelon without so many seeds. This will make your life so much easier!
- If you can’t want to wait for the drink to freeze, you can use ice and blend this drink together. It will water down your drink as it melts so I don’t recommend it unless you need it fast.
When you make this Watermelon and Cucumber Slushie, leave a comment down below! We love hearing from you and answering any questions you might have! Also, be sure to tag us on social media and hashtag it #MSDHospitality.
- 4 cups chopped watermelon
- 1 cup cucumber
- Juice from 1/2 a medium lime
- 1 Tablespoon simple syrup
- Chop watermelon and set aside.
- Peel and chop cucumber and set aside.
- Combine watermelon, cucumber, lime, and simple syrup in a mixer.
- Blend on high speed for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Strain into a measuring cup and pour into ice cube tray.
- Freeze for 2 - 4 hours or until solid.
- Dumb watermelon and cucumber ice cubes into a blender and blend until it becomes a slushie consistency, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with watermelon chunks and enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 drink
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 187 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 77mg Carbohydrates: 47g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 39g Protein: 2g